Saturday 6 June 2015

BOOKISH Q & A

So it's been awhile. I haven't realized it's been over a month since my last post and I don't know why but every time I went to write something my brain would be like


This went on for over a month


Since summer is coming up I really want to try to be more active on here and will try to post at least 3 times a week. I wanted to do a Q&A where I asked a bunch of questions on my instagram and replied here.

1. Which genre would you prefer to read: New Adult or Middle Grade?

I had to actually think about this for a moment because these are both genres that I really don't reach for. I'm not a big fan of New Adult because from reading the synopsis' many of them sound so similar to each other and not really my cup of tea. So I would have to choose Middle Grade because it does feature many fantasy books, which is my favorite genre, but also I feel as if Middle Grade is more diverse genre.

2. Which fictional character do you relate to most and why?

BEFORE I EVEN FINISHED READING THE QUESTION I KNEW ALREADY. That has to be Elise Dembowski from This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales.


This book guys I just 


Elise is one of the most honest and relatable characters I've ever come across. For those of you who don't know, This Song Will Save Your Life is about a socially awkward girl named Elise who finds a love in dj-ing and it really helps her figure out who she is as a person and she has the best character development I've ever read. I'm not going to be nonchalant about it, everyone must read this book.

3. Favorite all time book?

I'm the type of person that can't have one all time favorite book because I love so much of them for various but here are my top 6 series/standalones (as of right now)



4. Do you prefer fantasy or contemporaries more? What about dystopians or romance novels?

 Fantasy is my favorite genre. I don't read much YA dystopians anymore because most of them are repetitive [insert stereo-typical white teenage girl who is somehow the "chosen one" who overthrows a supposedly all powerful government body who've been in power for centuries with the help of a teenage boy and they happen to fall in love in the process, also with the help of side characters who are more fillers than anything else] But I do love classic dystopian. I don't mind romance novels once in awhile, if they aren't overly cheesy.

5. What are the books that affected you deeply?

If I'd were to list all of them it would take a substantial amount of time. All of them can be found on my this-could-change-your-life shelf on goodreads. Here are some of them:
  • This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales
  • Dreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor
  • Everybody Sees The Ants by A.S. King
  • The Diviners by Libba Bray
  • The Assassin's Blade by Sarah J. Maas
  • Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock by Matthew Quick
  • Going Bovine by Libba Bray
  • Me And Earl & The Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews
  • I'll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson
6. Paperbacks or Hardbacks?

Hardbacks over everything, there is no other way.

7. If you could meet your favorite character of all time, what would you ask?

One of my favorite male characters is Will Herondale so I'd probably be blubbering and too in shock to ask him anything. So one of my favorite female characters is Paige Mahoney from The Bone Season and what I've really wanted to ask is how does she find it inside herself to stand up with her ideas and plans to help everyone, even while they're sitting down.

8. Top five favorite female fictional characters and why?

The female characters I am going to list below either exhibit courage, self-lessness, kick-assery, and also a kind heart that is understanding towards others.
  • Paige Mahoney (The Bone Season)
  • Celaena Sardothien (Throne of Glass)
  • Annabeth Chase (PJO/Heroes of Olympus)
  • Elise Dembowski (This Song Will Save Your Life)
  • Karou (Daughter of Smoke & Bone)
  • Tessa Gray (Infernal Devices)
  • Vin (Mistborn)
I know that was more than 5, but whatever.

9. What character's personality is most like yours?


I am honestly a collection of various characters I've read from over the years. I feel as if I get a bit of my personality from various favorites and could see myself in them.

10. Exactly how many books do you own?


Last time I counted it was 121, but it's probably more now.

11.  Biggest book pet peeves?

Okay a bookish pet peeves that has to do with the actual physical book is cover changes (unless they're good cover changes) but I hate it when publishers change the covers when the series isn't even completed.

A bookish pet peeve that has to with the actual story itself is when a story has an unnecessary love triangle where you can obviously see who that person will end up with.

12. Who would be your fictional soulmate?

WILL HERONDALE AND PERCY JACKSON



13. What book got you into reading?

In Kindergarten my teacher took us to the school library for the first time ever, and I was mesmerized by it, and one of the librarians helped me pick out one of Marc Brown's Arthur books. I read D.W. The Picky Eater by Marc Brown, then the rest of the Arthur books after that (over and over again) and I was hooked for life.


14. What books/series did you read when you were a child?

As aforementioned I was a big fan of the Arthur books, but what got me from reading only picture books to chapter books were the Katie Kazoo books, specifically this one


15. When and why did you make your bookstagram?

I made my bookstagram account back in late 2013, and it was just because I had a personal account, but didn't want to spam people with my book photos so I thought why not make an account dedicated to books. I joined when bookstagram was just starting up I didn't even know bookstagram was a thing and me and some other people who I still follow had no idea what we were doing. We would just post book photos of what we were reading, then soon after a bunch of tags would come along. It's been one heck of a ride.

16. How many books do you read in a week?

Well back in middle school I was an unnaturally speedy reader. I use to be able to read 4 large books in a week. Now I can barely finish a 300 page book in 2 weeks...



Thanks for all those who asked me questions. Might do another one like this in the future.


1 comment:

  1. Hey there, I have nominated you for a Liebster Award! I absolutely love your blog! Here is my URL in case you would like to check out the nominees post and answer my questions: http://hungoverrfictionlover.blogspot.com
    Happy Reading (:

    ReplyDelete